Sunday, May 10, 2009


Octavio Paz said, "From the moment I first opened my eyes I've known that my place isn't here where I am but where I'm not and never have been..."

That is what ran through my mind when I took this picture of our "EL" station in Edgewater. I typically walk on the south side of the street because I am a practical person and I walk on the same side of the street as the door to the station. You see my point, right? But look what I saw when I chose to slow down a bit and walk on the north side of the street.

Our station is very run down, it smells dank and dirty and the view from the platform leaves something to be desired. But looking at this picture, I can see a small slither of what makes Chicago a great city to live in.

It's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment