Sunday, May 10, 2009


When we moved to Chicago on April 1, 2007, there was not a whole lot of excitement brimming from me. The decision was impetuous, I needed desperately to get out of my hometown and just explore the country a little bit more. While I will never regret my decision to leave and "find myself", if I could do it all over again I would try to learn a little bit more about what this city had to offer me.

Our neighborhood is kind of stark. But if you turn the corner, you will find the Methodist Church. Now, I've never gone into this church, and I probably never will. But this particular day (last Sunday, May 3) the choir was singing from inside. And I stopped and just listened. It was as if it was the first time I had silenced my anxious mind and just listened to the world around me. It was beautiful.
I love this church.
And this church is one of the secret reasons why I love my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment